Manson Business Association News 11-14-14
- Written by Kim Ustanik
Good evening, past and present Manson Supporters!
During this past year, newsletters, communications and many other opportunities have continued to be a major part of Manson’s growth. These things were provided for those people and businesses who were members of the Manson Business Association. If you are one of the people or businesses that haven’t heard from us this year, you are the ones I’m looking for. I am taking a moment to send out one of our old fashioned eLetters to catch you up and ask for your support.
2014 brought great benefit to our little village of Manson; OUR contribution to the Lake Chelan valley, Chelan County and even more. Here is a short list:
- New President, Jeff Conwell of Green Dot Sub Shop, took office and I moved to Treasurer (whew!).
- Doc Hoyt of Doc House Coffee Co. and Lance Farrar of Troy’s Pizza continued with us on the BOD.
- Tom Addison of Orchard Wood Ovens stepped down to take care of his business and family. We wish him the very best!
- The Manson Business Association received its 501(c)6 IRS designation.
- Chelan County Commissioners
- The Annual Lake Chelan Valley 4th of July Celebration at Manson Bay – another fabulous and proud show!
- The brand new Mountain View Summer Music Series held over 11 weeks in Leffler Field – it was amazing, with great community support, incredibly talented musicians, and brought a 67% “out of the area” participation on Sunday nights!
- The brand new Village of Lights– being set up AS WE SPEAK!
- And this contribution has grown for 2015!
- Leavenworth Chamber of Commercesupported us by contributing their old, but perfectly useable, Christmas lights for use in our “public” or “vacant” areas of Manson for our Village of Lights. Thank you, Leavenworth!
- The MBA membership grew tremendously!
- With our blessing (and we will certainly continue support!) the First Annual Manson Hydrofest took place.
- AND, we were blessed by a visit from the nationally acclaimed Travel Channel TV program, Hotel Impossible– JUST WAIT to see what gifts they left in their wake for ALL of us… there’s More To Manson; get ready to wave!
Let’s see... more?!?! Just wait for 2015, Team Manson!!! Already for 2015, the MBA has secured nearly $28,000.00 in grants to promote tourism in Manson and the Lake Chelan Valley. How will you be part of this???
For now, I would like to ask you to not only consider joining the Manson Business Association, but to do it. The membership meets only one time per month and, although we truly want to hear from all members, attendance is not a requirement.
This is an incredibly dedicated group of people who represent businesses, residents, community organizations and visitors who really care about what Manson’s contribution can be to sustainable business, providing jobs to locals (and those great kids coming out of MHS!), and enriching the quality of all our lives… by being MANSON. We are proud of who we are and think we have something to offer; we love our community and want to protect, preserve and share it!
If you know someone who you think might be interested in this information, please feel free to forward my message. If you have any questions or would like more information, I look forward to your reply email.
See you around town!
Manson Business Association
Manson Business Association Updates 12-22-13
- Written by Norm Manly
Manson Business Association
December 1, 2013
Greeting MBA members and future members,
Beginning December 1, 2013 the Manson Business Association’ website www.visitmanson.com will begin the process of populating web pages. As a business owner or a supporter of our local businesses you have the opportunity to direct the content of your portion of the website. If the Internet is not your thing I will be happy to help you with write ups and photos. Many folks living away from the Chelan Valley will use this site to locate places to stay, food to eat and where to have fun. This is a real opportunity to promote your business.
If you have not yet joined the Manson Business Association contact Kim Usantic at 206-000-0000 or send her an email. Being part of the MBA provides many benefits that will help promote Manson and your business specifically.
One key to a successful website is that it is constantly changing, giving viewers a reason to come back time and time again. On our website is an “Events” section that needs to be LOADED with reasons to visit our sleepy Manson. Use this section to highlight special events at your business, sales, entertainment and promotions. It’s a simple process. Just email me with your update and I will add to the site.
I’m looking forward to working with everyone. You are receiving this email because you are part of the MBA database. Let me know if you no longer want to receive MBA E-News.