Chelan Fire and Rescue Special Meeting 11-8-17
- Written by Carol A. Kibler, CFR
- Hits: 130
Chelan Fire and Rescue
Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 4:00 P.M.
232 East Wapato, Chelan, WA
Proposed Chelan Fire and Rescue agenda pending Board approval.
Regular Meeting Call to Order:
* Revenue and Expenditure Report: September 2017
* Payroll: $193,932.36 October 1-31, 2017 Paid 11-05-2017
* Vouchers for October General Account: Vouchers #1122 through #1131 for $5,751.94; Voucher #1218 through #1233 for $12,157.14; Voucher #1261 through #1269 for $2,216.15; Vouchers #1276 through #1285 for $7,386.09.
* Vouchers for October Capital Account: Vouchers #1132 for $2,153.18; Voucher #1270 for $16,554.60; Vouchers #1286 through #1282 for $17,635.21.
* Minutes: October 11, 2017
Fire Chief Report:
* 2017 Budget Expense Report
* 2017 Goal and Objectives
* Personnel (Career/Volunteer)
* Facilities/Apparatus and Equipment
* Emergency Response Report
* Public Education
* Fire Prevention
Firefighters Association Report:
* Citizens Task Force
* 2018 Budget
* 2017- 05 Resolution 2018 Levy & Certificate
* Marine / Water Rescue Response Up-date
* Annexation Proposals Up-Date
* FEMA SAFER Grant for Volunteer Coordinator for four years
* Apparatus Committee - Specifications for pickup & Engine
* 11/11/17: Veteran’s Day parade and luncheon
* 11/24/17: Tree Lighting Ceremony
* 12/12/17: Annual District Holiday Social
Executive Session: RCW 42.30.110(1)(f) To evaluate the qualifications of an applicant for public employment or to review the performance of a public employee.
Two arrested on heroin possession/distribution charges
- Written by Sgt. Chris Foreman
- Hits: 184
The Columbia River Drug Task Force reports on October 19th, 2017 the Columbia River Drug Task Force completed an investigation that led to the arrest of Emmanuel Sanchez-Cerros for 2 counts of unlawful delivery of a controlled substance, Heroin.
Cassandra Morgan was charged with unlawful delivery of a controlled substance and conspiracy to deliver a controlled substance, Heroin.
Sanchez-Cerros recently pled guilty to charges stemming from a previous Columbia River Drug Task Force case from February, 2017 and was awaiting sentencing. A search warrant was served on that date and both heroin and methamphetamine were located in the residence as well as a large amount of cash. During the search warrant, Child Protective Services were called and two children were removed from the residence.
On October 19th, 2017 a controlled drug buy was completed. After the controlled drug buy was completed uniformed patrol officers along with members of the Columbia River Drug Task Force arrested Sanchez-Cerros and Morgan.
It was determined children were present and nearby when the controlled drug buy occurred. CPS was called immediately and the children were placed into emergency custody. Sanchez-Cerros and Morgan were both booked into jail.
Morgan is still pending charges from her arrest in February, 2017 and Sanchez-Cerros was scheduled to be sentenced for the February charges he pled guilty to in December 2017.
Their vehicle was seized for a search warrant and more charges could be filed.
Opening for Robotics Coach at Manson School
- Written by Janice Stewart
- Hits: 182
A great opportunity to work with students in the area of VEX Robotics awaits that special individual with the skill and knowledge to help further students in their quest to make ideas a reality.
Coach duties and responsibilities will include some of the following
- Organize and monitor the 2017-2018 high school VEX Robotics team. The team meets weekly September to March from 1 to 2 days a week after school. Meetings vary based on the activities needed to ensure preparedness for all upcoming on/off-season events. There are roughly 8 Saturday competitions.
- Assist in the organization of the high school team mentoring the middle school team and/or elementary team
- Communicate with your sponsoring organization including: expectations to parents and students about what is expected of them in terms of their commitment to the team, coordinating help, maintaining equipment, purchasing supplies, registering for competitions, creating schedules and team building
- Display kindness, patience, and professionalism
Desired Qualifications: - Enthusiasm and a love of learning with kids is of the highest importance. Experience in one or more of the following technical areas is also desirable, but absolutely not necessary: Technical Management, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Robotic Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, and Industrial Fabrication.
For a more detailed list of job responsibilities and qualifications, please contact the district office at 687-3140. $3,000 stipend.
Final report on Albertsons shooting released
- Written by Jason Mathews, Undersheriff, CCSO
- Hits: 164
The North Central Washington Special Investigation Unit was called upon to investigate the Officer involved shooting that occurred July 27, 2017 at Albertsons in Wenatchee. Over the next several weeks, the SIU conducted a complete and independent investigation of the incident including interviews of all identified witnesses, review of all known video, and collection of physical evidence. At the conclusion of the active investigation the case was turned over to the Chelan County Prosecutor’s Office.
Doug Shae, the Chelan County Prosecuting Attorney, has released his review of the investigation, which is included below. The SIU concurs with the finding by the Prosecutor and now considers the investigation into the incident closed.
Join us for Lake Chelan Winterfest 2018!
- Written by Olivia Plew, LCCC
- Hits: 292
- Take advantage of the new Grand Wine Walk, held in participating stores in downtown Chelan on Saturday, January 13th! Sip and savor delicious reserve wines, poured directly by the winemaker.
- What was formally “Wine Walk” is now known as the Tasting Tent! Enjoy your favorite Lake Chelan wines in the comfort of a large, heated tent!
- You also won’t want to miss the new Lake Chelan Brewers and Distillers Night, held Friday, January 19th in downtown Manson! Let’s celebrate the local brewers, cider makers and distillers who call North Central Washington home!
- Find Tsilly
- Horse Carriage Rides
- Kids Activities
- Ice Bar & Live Music
- Grand Wine Walk & Tasting Tent
- Live Ice Carvings
- Grand Procession & Fireworks
- Polar Bear Splash & Beach Bonfire
- Bubble Bar Sparkling Wine Brunch
- Find Tsilly
- Apple Bin Train Rides
- Kids Activities
- Lake Chelan Brewers and Distillers Night
- Alefest & Bottle Shop
- Alex Zerbe PAC Show
- Live Ice Carvings
- Battle of the Bloody Mary
Page 8 of 72