HYAK – Rock blasting closures will resume on Wednesday, Aug. 17 on Interstate 90 east of Snoqualmie Pass.
The Washington State Department of Transportation and contractor crews will close I-90 for approximately one hour at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug 16. During rock blasting closures, eastbound travelers will be stopped at exit 64 and westbound travelers will be stopped at exit 70 near Easton.
Rock blasting is scheduled to occur one to two times per week throughout the rest of summer and into the fall, one hour before sunset, and the closure will last up to one hour. This work is part of the major improvement project to widen I-90 from four to six lanes between the Cabin Creek interchange and the West Easton interchange.
WSDOT provides a variety of tools to help plan your trip over Snoqualmie Pass this summer:
- Check conditions, view cameras and travel times
- Check the real-time travel map for current travel impacts
- Sign up for email updates
- Sign up for text message alerts by texting the word START to the number 85107
- Listen to the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM
- Follow us on Twitter @snoqualmiepass
- Download WSDOT’s free smartphone app