Google Street View Photo
The Manson Community’s long running effort to secure a parcel of land, commonly known as Leffler Field, for public use is a step closer to occurring. The five acre (4.97) parcel is located in the center of downtown Manson.
On November 26, a vacant land purchase and sale agreement was completed between the Estate of Edna R. Leffler and two buyers, the Manson Park and Recreation District and the Manson School District. The purchase price is $1.3 million. The agreement includes grant funding awarded to Manson Park and Recreation from both Chelan County and The State of Washington. Chelan County has designated $500,000 in funding from their Rural Counties Economic Fund. The Washington State Legislature has appropriated $250,000 towards the acquisition from its 2019-20 Capital Budget. The remaining $550,000 will be financed by Manson School District.
December Opportunities for the Manson community to give input to both Boards on the purchase.
· December 12 at 5:00PM at the Manson Parks Building: a joint meeting of the Manson Park and Recreation Board and the Manson School Board will be held with an opportunity for public comment.
· December 19th at 5:00PM in the Manson Elementary Library: the Manson School Board will offer a second opportunity for public comment at their regular December board meeting.
· Written comments may be shared by:
§ Must include a full name and phone number to verify authenticity · Manson Park and Recreation District – PO Box 590, Manson, WA 98831
· Manson School District – PO Box A, Manson, WA 98831
§ Must include a full name and phone number to verify authenticity
· Manson Parks and Recreation District –
Manson School District –