On April 8, 2020 the Douglas County Board of Commissioners passed Resolution CE No. 20-26B & TLS 20-22B, Proclamation of Pre-existing Home Sales Agreements Proceed During the COVID-19 Stay Home Stay Healthy Governor Proclamation.
This proclamation allows pre-existing home sales that also have building permits in place to proceed to build completion as an essential activity under the Governor of the State of Washington’s guidance, subject to restrictions. Both the purchase and sale agreement and the building permit must have issue dates on or before March 27, 2020. The restrictions are as follows:
- An affidavit stating there is an existing Purchase and Sale Agreement or Real Estate contract and previously approved building permit prior to March 27, 2020 must be provided.
- An authorization letter will then be issued by the Douglas County Planning Department.
- Property viewings, inspections, appraisals and final walk-throughs shall be arranged by appointment only, and be limited to two people at each occurrence. Inspector may require additional measurers as required by the building inspector.
- County authorization must be posted on site.
- All persons on site must observe social distancing guidelines and applicable health and worker protection measures.
- This proclamation may be rescinded or superseded any time at the direction of the Douglas County Board of County Commissioners.
Full documents can be read here: